As you know, the frequency of my posts here have wound down to zero per month. And I'm okay with that. I've learned over the course of my ten years of on-and-off blogging, this is a pretty common pattern for me. I keep up the writing for a while, sometimes publicly, sometimes privately. Inevitably I go through periods of feeling very exposed/vulnerable, and I start to question how much further, deeper, more personal I will allow my writing to go. Now that Peanut is a part of my life, I think about issues surrounding her privacy, too.
For the past few months, I've been doing most of my writing about her, me, and our family on paper. For now, it feels better. Friends gave me a lovely journal during my pregnancy and it has proven to be a great space in which to begin a lifelong dialogue with her. Perhaps I'll pick up writing here again, but for now, this blog will remain a quiet space. Thanks for your comments and company over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment