Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The De-Caffeination Project

Well, alas, the time has come for me to begin one of the more challenging parts of the TTC process: eliminating caffeine from my diet.  I knew I would need/want to stop drinking coffee once I am pregnant, but some research shows that reducing caffeine intake during the pre-conception period can actually help boost fertility.  At this point, I am committed to doing what I can to prepare my body for insemination.  If it means erring on the side of de-caffeination, I am ready to do it.

Almost.

I decided to buy myself a last canister of coffee beans to mark the occasion.  I plan to step down slowly.  I have, after all, been a daily coffee drinker for nearly eight years.  Once I finish my canister (by mid-February), I'll move onto black tea for two weeks, then green tea for another two, then finally herbal by my 30th birthday.  By the time we begin TTC, my body should be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment