This morning S and I had a 45 minute appointment with our potential doctor at the fertility clinic. She sat down with us for a short interview and asked us information about each of our medical histories and our relationship history. While we spoke, I glanced up at the certificates on her office wall. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had graduated from our own alma mater, the place we met and fell in love. I knew instantly it was a sign. I felt a surge of confidence that we are on our path, in the right place at the right time.
Once the doctor figured out I was on the third day of my very irregular menstrual cycle, she jumped to action. She set up a general treatment plan for us (start the first IUI with donor sperm during my next cycle) and decided to do a transvaginal ultrasound before sending me off for a series of blood tests. Again, the timing was perfect - these tests need to be done on the second/third day of the cycle, and we just happened to have our initial consultation on that very day. I was grinning inside, once again feeling confident in the signs. Not knowing the length of my menstrual cycles has been a constant struggle throughout my life, so for the timing to be so ideal at this particular moment felt particularly significant.
S and I left the clinic feeling hopeful and excited. I was so relieved that after all these years of waiting, we are finally ready to move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment