I am now officially halfway through week 12 of my pregnancy, and thankfully, THANKFULLY, much of the debilitating nausea I experienced during the past six weeks has subsided. I still have some strong episodes here and there, and as a result of the past six weeks, the list of Foods I Cannot Tolerate Even Thinking About has grown unfortunately long. My first vicious experience with pregnancy nausea occurred after I ate a big green salad topped with a hard-boiled egg and chickpeas, with a side of pita chips and hummus. All those items are now at the top of my nausea hit-list, along with many of my beloved favorite foods:
Eggs
Plain chickpeas
Pita chips
Hummus
Pizza
Cheddar cheese
Peanut Butter
Kiwis
Tea of any kind
Toast
Thai food
Oatmeal
Crackers
Chicken fingers
Chicken fingers
Unusual (for me) things I have eaten in the past six weeks:
McDonald’s cheeseburger (twice!)
Taco Bell nachos, and crunchy tacos with beans
Sour cream (I can’t get enough of it!)
Summer fruit is my very best friend. Sweet peaches, nectarines, blueberries and strawberries, and even bananas have become important parts of my daily diet. So has dairy yogurt (as per Pop’s insistence that I need to increase my calcium intake) and cereal with soy or almond milk. Everything else has been pretty hit-or-miss. No weird cravings yet. And thankfully I still love (but am being good about not eating too many) tortilla chips.
No comments:
Post a Comment