That's what we dubbed today after a really positive IUI experience. S gave me the Ovidrel injection two nights ago, and we showed up at the clinic this morning ready to inseminate. I felt hopeful and happy about the process. We worked on a crossword puzzle while we waited our turn.
We had some time alone in the examination room before the doctor arrived. S held my hands and said a little prayer. I felt deeply connected to him, grounded, at peace. Ready to trust the universe. The doctor who performed the insemination was one of my favorites at the clinic, a woman who performed my pap smear back in December and was friendly, kind, and respectful. I was relieved to see her, and with good reason. The IUI ended up being the least uncomfortable of the three. S held my hand and gave me kisses during the quick procedure. He reminded me to breathe and relax. The doctor said, "now that's a supportive partner!" I felt so blessed.
In the ten minutes we had to connect and be together after the insemination, S put his warm hand on my uterus and we kissed. It was a sweet, meaningful private moment. During which he tried to convince me we should play hooky from work and spend the sunny day in the park or at the zoo. We decided, instead, to go out for a special breakfast before work. We found a European-themed cafe nearby and celebrated our conception day with french toast, decaf coffee, an egg white omelet with asparagus and onions, and earl grey tea. I had a wide grin on my face throughout our special meal, and felt lighthearted and happy throughout the entire day. I had no cramping or discomfort.
Regardless of what happens during the next two weeks, I trust my body, I trust the process, and I am grateful to have shared such a beautiful day with S. I felt better than I had in weeks, for a variety of reasons both tangible (large follicle, non-painful IUI, good doctor) and spiritual. I am grateful for the opportunity to attempt to bring our first child into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment