Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The future embryo

Went to the clinic this morning - Cycle 3, CD11.  Met with a male doctor whom I've come to trust over the past couple months.  He is very explicit and intentional about everything he does and says.  He is clear about what I can expect ("now you'll feel this, now I'm going to look at the follicles on the left, do you have any questions about the process?")  As he measured the thickness of my uterine lining today, he said, "this is where the future embryo will implant."  It was a minor statement, in many regards, but one that struck me as very hopeful and optimistic.  It made me feel good.  Maybe even a little hopeful myself.  I only had one large follicle so far (14mm on the right), and he told me to begin checking my ovulation kits and to come back into the office for another ultrasound on Monday.  At this rate, if the one follicle continues to grow, I anticipate we'll be doing the next IUI at the end of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment