Monday, April 30, 2012

Professional Reassurance

I met with our primary doctor at the clinic this morning.  And she, more than anything, was incredibly reassuring.  I approached her with a long list of questions, and she answered them all with kindness and patience.  She studied my chart and declared that there were no particular flags that would indicate why I had not yet gotten pregnant.  "It's a numbers and odds game," she said.  She assured me that if we were a couple with access to unlimited sperm, I wouldn't have even been tested for infertility until after a year of trying.  She affirmed that we could, in fact, keep trying IUIs for a full year, if we had the financial capacity to do so.   Since others have reported successful pregnancies with our donor, we don't yet need to consider finding another one.  In fact, the only change she suggested was perhaps we could try doing two IUIs during a future cycle - one within 12 hours of using Ovidrel, and one within 36 hours.  That might increase our chances.

For the moment, we only have one vial left at the clinic, so we won't be able to try this approach until the next cycle.  But I left the clinic feeling much more optimistic than I did walking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment