At 16 weeks, I am solidly in the second trimester. And I've been feeling great. I have my energy back and am moving around more. I'm able cook and eat healthier meals and experiencing less stress and anxiety about food. There's still the occasional bout of nausea (note to self: seriously, don't try Thai food or pizza again for a while), but generally, I can understand why the second trimester is reported to be a much better experience than the first. I feel like myself again! Well, myself with a different body shape.
As of this week, I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. And I actually think I've noticed my body feels a little off balance when I walk. My stance is a bit wider as I try to accommodate my new weight. A friend of mine tried not to laugh as she imagined me waddling around with a third trimester belly. I won't say that I'm quite waddling yet... I'd say, "walking differently."
I still fit into most of my clothes... sort of. While I can't really button any of my pants any longer, belly bands have been an awesome way to keep wearing them comfortably and to avoid buying new clothes for the time being. I'm hoping to avoid doing so until the fall, but I'm not sure I'll make it. I'm up a whole bra cup size... which might be exciting for some folks, but for me, it's a bit overwhelming given that I was already pretty well-endowed for a petite person. I'm working on accepting my new chest and getting comfortable with serious cleavage.
My belly is more visible but I don't yet look pregnant who folks who aren't in the know. In fact, a coworker admitted she had been thinking I had put on some "post-wedding weight" before I shared the big news. My personal test for "looking pregnant" will be when some New Yorker begrudgingly gives up their seat on the subway for me. I'll let you know when that happens.
I think it's funny that someone would try to not laugh while imagining you waddling. I think it will be hilarious! And also awesome.
ReplyDelete