Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cycle Day 1

Yep, that's right.  I got my period today while at work.  I sat in that bathroom stall looking down for a good five minutes.  I felt like I had just gotten a positive pregnancy test result (or a  BFP - big fat positive - in TTC - trying to conceive lingo).  I wanted to call S, or jump up and down, and I couldn't stop grinning.  All I was looking at was a little dark splotch.  Yet I felt excitement and anticipation coursing through my body, realizing that while the past seven weeks of testing and planning and getting all our ducks in a row have been the beginning of our baby-making journey, it has all felt theoretical until now.  As of today, we are starting our first real cycle of TTC. 

I feel excitement in my toes.  I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment