Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Progesterone

It has officially been 39 days since my last period, so the doctor instructed me to report to the clinic to begin a round of progesterone (which should ultimately result in me having a period).  I'll be taking a 10mg pill per day for 10 days.  And from what I've read, it could take up to two weeks following the last pill for me to start my period.  If it ends up taking the long route, that puts our first possible IUI in early to mid January.  Which is a few weeks later than I had originally anticipated.  But right now,  I'm ok with that.  S's mom comes to town for three weeks starting tomorrow, and the idea of going through the first insemination during her visit is less than desirable.  I want us to have the emotional space to share in the experience in as relaxed, connected, and positive way as possible, and that will require us to be present with one another.

I'm still committed to trust the process.  I trust that the timeline we're on is right for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment