My BFF sent me a text message this morning:
"I dreamed that you had a baby bump and were eating spoonfuls of peanut butter straight from the jar," she wrote. "In the dream it was me, you, S, and your mom. We were in your kitchen and were saying in a sing-song voice, "ss has a baby bump, ss has a baby bump!" and you just kept eating a ton of the peanut butter."
Perhaps she is a witch.
I, on the other hand, dreamt that I went to the clinic five days in a row to be inseminated. In the dream, I understood that it was a part of the process of getting pregnant. On the fourth day, a doctor turned to me suspiciously and asked why I was there again when I had already been there the previous three days. She told me to hold a syringe full of the donor sperm while she retrieved my record. I laid back with my legs up, covered with a blanket, waiting for her to return. Doctors and nurses scurried by with the urgency of being in an ER. She finally returned and said she thought I was there because I was "addicted to pharmaceuticals." I felt shock, confusion, and self-doubt. Why didn't I understand how this clinic worked?
S said he thought the dream was pretty literal. I have, indeed, been feeling some anxiety about the unknowns in the process of working with the clinic. While all the staff there have been kind and efficient, the services have been so automated and robotic that sometimes I think they are assuming I know more than I do. Several of the visits during the past few weeks involved me just showing up because they told me to, all the while not at all knowing what to expect during the visit. Would I have an ultrasound, get blood drawn, have to wait five minutes or forty? I don't think I have been processing how these little anxieties have been stored in my body.
Clearly, pregnancy is on our minds. We are now in the midst of the two week wait (2WW). In less than 14 days, we will know whether or not we are pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment