Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reflections on the 2WW

I've been working hard this time around to not think too much about the 2WW.  I'm trying not to pay too much attention to my reproductive system, trying not to interpret any feelings I might be having in my body as possible symptoms of pregnancy, not tracking what's actually happening - or not - each day..  And generally, it has been working.  I feel calmer and in some ways, less invested in the process this time around.  If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't, we'll try again.  Trying to maintain a neutral stance, mostly. 

Not that it's easy.  Today I was very aware of how sharp my sense of smell seemed to be.  Spices in my apartment, perfume on the train, cologne near my cubicle.  It all seemed to be very present today.  And tried as I might, I couldn't help but notice that either the smells around me were particularly strong, or my sense of them was heightened.  I couldn't tell if it was my mind playing games despite my best efforts, or just simply raw hope that perhaps, this time, the IUI actually worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment